Tutto è numero – English
Festival of Mathematical Games and Culture
“Tutto è numero” (All is Number) is the traditional mathematical-ludic appointment within the splendid scenery of Caldé, called with reason the Portofino of the Lake Maggiore.
It is an unparalled occasion for mathematicians, researchers, amateurs, schools, families and friends to meet together.
“Tutto è numero” is:
- the training before the international finals of the Mathematical Games Championships, which in Italy are organized by the Pristem Center of Bocconi University, Milan ;
- a pleasant stay at the the lake side, where you will be able to become acquainted with many mathematics fans in a convivial environment; it is within this background that experts and amateurs will find a fertile ground for their exchanges;
- a cultural opportunity for the people who regard mathematics as a tedious subject, incomprehensible or even useless: indeed, the festival will offer a new ludic and stimulative way for them to approach this discipline;
- a moment of meeting for all “blue shirts of Caldé”, i.e. the members of the Italian national teams who came to Caldé since 2001.
Within the program:
- Mathematical games training, courses and tournaments
- A broad offer of abstract games (chess, go, othello, awélé, Chinese chess, etc)
- Conferences and workshops of mathematical culture
- And more still